Wednesday, January 27, 2010

THE NOISER - trilogie_des_fantomes

1 ellongaaanomarrre 16:16
2 crisssement argrorgrer 14:35
3 draggar argilay
THE NOISER (aka Julien Ottavi)

trilogie des fantomes

1- ellongaaanomarrre
2- crisssement argrorgrer
3- draggar argilay

100% made with free software and human voices –
GNUart licence: gnuart.org 2008

www.noiser.org


short essay on trilogie des fantomes

Ghosts and spirits sing through me, my ancient past is living inside
me, I am myself, I am them, I am multiple, my tongue is many tongues,
my voice is voices beyond voices.

When my voice escapes my mouth, I suddenly became conscious that
someone was talking for me, it couldn't be me who says all this.
My mind and my cells are full of memories of the past, beyond my life's
past. The roots of this singing come from the earliest point in humanity's history, its very fragility, its very strength, is powerful, yet nothing more that another voice belonging to this planet.

Sound poetry opens up the possibility to liberate the potential of the voice, bringing the traditional singing from those roots, bringing me connections to my history. Discovering your own body, your own shout, your own chant, through the air exhaled by your lungs and vibrating through your throat. This tells of nothing more than a sound released by a mouth, and yet it is everything to do with human beings, it tells the stories that we don't remember, makes connections with that which we forgot, with people long since gone, all of this resurgent memories come back again in a furore of air that implode within the body.

Naturally my voices, our voices meet with machines and became more than human, they became something else, an impossible mutation
of reverberant living cells coupled with dead metals components that violently merge in a “cyborg” hybrid of voices, noise, saturated shouts and long drones of profound song.

This paradoxical assemblage of improbable beings, machines versus humans,
is by no means a dead end - this way, the furore of life pushes the cold
logicality of electronic circuits. For many years now this paradox
crosses my musical works in this series called voice & computer. My research involves these ambiguous relations of love & hate, attraction and repulsion and of dreams versus nightmare towards machines.
Four recording which had never been officially released are studies
which address some aspects of these opposing relations, from a very abstract piece formed by the dematerialization of a shout to low voices divided.
In the Trilogie des Fantômes, I rediscovered, through live and studio recording, a strong connection to singing, from such typical ways of traditional singing
that have been used for centuries, some fundamental singing that
crosses humanity, to this mutation with machines taking place through the
saturation, amplification, division and digitalization with the possibility to stretch the time of a sound without end.

Voice creates desire, machine capture this desire and create new desire
from it, immortality, power, control and reproduction of the nature,
machine is being for humans, those forgetting the other beings, his
own natural machine, a potential of potentials left under developed. The
machines attracted us, we created them to extended our possibilities,
to go beyond our weakness, we are machines, we think as machines, they
are humans, we are still fighting with our egos, with our dark face, we just
materialize a concrete object that overloads us, which we can no longer control, we are lost in a future where humans will no longer be humans as we remember in our pasts, we will be new humans, post humans, we will become meta-humans.

This recording is no more than reflecting this relation between humanity struggle to survive and those machines that we create to help us to survive, but from our condition of consciousness, the consciousness we have of
our own death, our own end, and the impossible truth of life.
...tbc.

THE NOISER

No comments:

Post a Comment